Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The Good Shepherd


I give my life for my sheep

Have you ever felt like you are far away from God and you are trying to get back to him but can't. Your heart desires you but the more you try and pray the further away you drift from him.
 I have in my life experienced this many times and today as I listened to an old favorite song I was reminded of the good shepherd. When you are far away from him, worrying whether you can get back on track he on the other hand is the good shepherd going after his sheep. When you were lost and didn't know it, he was already looking for you. When you finally realized you were lost he was doing everything he could to bring you back. When you thought he has forgotten and is not listening to your cry of help, he is in the business of helping you.

 The song which I will post below reminded me once again that when I was lost in sin, he was on the cross giving his life for me. He was giving everything to get me back, he was in the business of restoring me to his lost image and into a relationship with him. If God was willing to give up heaven and all its glories to come here and die for me just to get me on track then why should I fear. In our christian walk sometimes we fall, but we are reminded that no one can pluck us our of the fathers hands. His eyes are on the sparrow and he watches us. No one can separate us from his love. He is in the business of restoring you into a deeper relationship with him than you have even thought of. He is also longing and cannot wait to come and take you home where you can always be with him. Christ is the ultimate father, lover, mother, best friend you can ever need. He will never give up on you. He is with us always even to the end of the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment