Thursday, July 16, 2015

The Lover of My Soul

It's been really long since I posted something new on my blog. I have missed sharing my christian journey but I must say I have learned a lot. Christ has been teaching me so much and have grown in so many ways. I have come to learn that this christian journey was started by Christ himself even before I knew him. God has blessed me with a son and as I take care of him everyday I am reminded that God has taken care of me even before I knew him. Recently I have realized that he has been revealing his love towards me.
I have for the first time come to see and understand how much he loves me. He lives for me, everything he does is for me. He blesses me with so much that my cup always runs over and I just have never met someone who loves me this much. Every day I spend time with him and he shows me the depths of his love for me I find myself crying because of how often I have doubted him. When challenges have come my way how often like the Israelite's I have mummered or complained and forgotten that even while I didn't know him he was with me. I have come to understand that as a child of God, I need not worry because he cares for me. The God who loves me will provide, he has provided in the past and always will. I now enjoy those promises that say, The Lord will fight for you, you only need to hold your peace, or I have loved you with an everlasting love just to name a few.

I find myself these days in love with Jesus, wanting to spend time with him. I love talking to him and telling him how grateful I am for everything he does. Telling him that I can't wait to see him when he comes, to look into his beautiful face and see the one who has always loved me. I long for that day so much that I get consumed thinking about him. What it will be like to see him for the first time, and talk to him, what he will say.  I love him, yes I love Jesus because he first loved me. Like the prodigal son, many times I don't want to talk to him because I want freedom to do whatever I consider fun and interesting. I run away from him only to realize my happiness can only be found in him. Out of his love he never scolds me but opens his arms wide and says I have missed you and welcome back. In fact I went out looking for you and have never stopped until I found you.


What love is this? I can't comprehend it at all, in fact there is no love song that can truly portray it. I long for the day I will sit beside him and tell him that I am so thankful for everything he has done for him. I long for heaven because I can finally be together with the lover of my Soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment